Employmenthttps://www.playpenn.org/wp-content/themes/pp/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Play Penn Play Penn https://www.playpenn.org/wp-content/themes/pp/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
Equal Opportunity Employment
PlayPenn hires on the basis of employment equity. We believe supporting each other’s individual stories is essential to our work. The more inclusive we are, the more impactful our collective story will be.
PlayPenn recognizes that given structural inequities there is no level playing field with regards to people’s experiences and job qualifications. We seek collaboration with those who bring a range of perspectives, skills and experiences to the work of advancing new plays and playwrights. We welcome candidates to include all relevant skills and knowledge in their application, regardless of whether these abilities were developed through paid work, volunteer work or personal experience.
Operations Director – Full Time
PlayPenn seeks a full-time Operations Director (OD) who will report to the Artistic Director for the effective conduct of all administrative responsibilities including but not limited to the management of PlayPenn’s daily operations, financial record keeping, box office and front of house operations, information technology, union agreements, production contracts, and data management. The OD will serve as the common point of information sharing and access within PlayPenn and the primary point of administrative contact with PlayPenn for external stakeholders, including artists, performers, patrons, vendors, unions, among others.
- Nonprofit management, finance and bookkeeping.
- Preparing, negotiating and managing independent contractor and employee contracts.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective listening and communication skills.
- Collaborative diplomatic skills that effectively engage staff in organizational change and development.
- Effective use of QuickBooks Online, WordPress, MSOffice, and GSuite.
- College degree not required.
- New Play Development experience desirable.
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss and Cash Flow reports
- Work with bookkeeping firm to ensure fidelity and timeliness of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and related taxes, cash receipts, and cash balances
- Collaborate with accounting firm to produce annual audit and prepare 990, BCO-10, and other financial reports required by federal and state law for the Board of Directors.
- Oversee program staff’s preparation of programs’ budgets.
- Assemble financial and audience data as needed to accompany grant proposals and other reports.
- Work with payroll service to manage payroll and employee benefits, including year-end reporting and annual renewals.
Production and Artist Management
- Negotiate and prepare AEA, SDC, and other contracts, ensure compliance with union regulations.
- Work with the Company Manager to arrange artist housing and travel, negotiate contracts at event venues or with other production vendors
- Maintain working knowledge of and ensure that PlayPenn complies with all union regulations and internal PlayPenn Human Resource policies.
Information Technology and Data Management
- Work with staff to maintain and manage information technology systems, equipment, and contracts.
- Assure accurate and timely entry of donations, attendance, and other stakeholder data.
- Provide administrative support for the Education Program’s back-office needs.
- Schedule, set the agenda and assemble materials for, and conduct staff meetings, assist in scheduling and preparing for Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Serve as point person for internal and external operations’ communications.
- Onboard new employees and supervise year-round interns.
- Arrange for ongoing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion training for all staff and Board Directors.
- Represent PlayPenn’s operation as needed at theatre and community events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Compensation and Application Info
The Operations Director is a full-time, at-will position with a $50,000 to $55,000 salary and health reimbursement benefits.
Application is ongoing until the position is filled
Write to Sabrina Profitt at email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.